09.12.2021 – AML Rewind 2021: Looking back at the most important AML changes and events
Date: 09 December 2021
In this webinar we are reflecting on the most relevant AML changes and events that took place in 2021.
We discuss the laws and regulations that were published or that entered into effect, as well as the regulatory guidance put forth by the EBA, FATF or DNB (at a more local level).
We will also analyze some of the most prominent and controversial cases of 2021, and lastly we will make a short runthrough of what to expect in 2022.
What will be discussed?
1. LAWS AND REGULATIONS OF 2021
– AMLD (criminal law) – implemented in 2021
– PIF Directive
– Establishment of EPPO – current activity
– New AML Package – AML Authority, AMLD6, AML Regulation, Transfers of Funds Directive
– Whistleblower directive – transposition deadline 17 December 2021
2. REGULATORY GUIDANCE OF 2021
– EBA – Risk Factor Guidelines
– FATF – Outcomes of the plenary meeting of October 2021
– FATF Guidelines
3. CASE LAW
– Most important AML fines and investigations of 2021
4. LOOKING TOWARDS THE FUTURE
– Timeline of the AML package
– EBA Guidelines on the role of AML/CFT compliance officers
– Other new relevant updates and deadlines
For who is this webinar?
You work in the compliance field and want to stay up to date with the most relevant AML changes and events that took place in 2021 .
Pierre Simon | Managing Director and Principal Consultant at Simon Consulting
Daria Patrascoiu | Compliance Analyst